The list of scriptural blessings below was summarized in a sermon I heard quite a while ago. I had taken notes and recently shared them with an anchor point friend of mine. They are good enough to post here for others to enjoy.
- Common blessings – given to all people regardless of belief (air, sunsets, laughter, sunshine)
- Prevenient blessings – God uses these to draw us close to Him (children, friends, trials, hardships)
- Obedient blessings – given as a result of obedience (honoring marriage vows, serving others we get more than we give, blessed to give)
- Christian blessings – reserved for those who believe (Holy Spirit dwelling within us, gives strength and divine understanding)
- Eternal blessings – salvation, those blessings we will receive in heaven
That’s it for my notes. However, I can think of a few more. For example, generational blessings (Ex 20:5-6).
I think I might need to do a scriptural word study of blessings — it would be a good enlightening exercise.
…..Dan at aslowerpace dot net