Today was a day where we spent the first part of the day running errands around town and then came home and lazed around for the remainder. My oldest daughter had a meeting at church so we dropped her off there and continued taking care of all the errands “in the city”. Living out in the country, we always try to make the most of our trips into Louisville and consolidate shopping. Picking my daughter up took us to after lunch. When we got home I turned on the NCAA tournament to try and “get into the spirit” of March madness. It was kinda working as I enjoyed a part of the Utah/Okla game. Again, high definition TV made it extremely enjoyable. I was going to BBQ two chickens on the smoker but the rain made me opt for the rotisserie instead. It would mean less babysitting and hence, less me getting wet outside. Of course, once I got them going, the rain let up and it was kinda nice outside. I took a short walk out to get the mail. Very peaceful with it having just rained. I grabbed a shovel to take advantage of the wet ground and started slicing a trench where I needed to bury the dog fence wire. (see previous post here) I only got a few feet when I started chatting with my neighbor who was out working on some of his trees. This was the same neighbor I met with blood on my hands from the dog fight back when we first moved in. We ended up shootin’ the breeze for an hour. I walked back into my house and my wife said “We were looking all over for you”. She was surprised when I told her I was only 50 ft away outside.

After a nice roasted chicken dinner, we popped “The Incredibles” back in and had an impromptu makeup family movie night (see yesterday’s post). By the time the movie ended, my wife was asleep and all the kids went to bed right when I asked. I then took the opportunity to accept the afternoon’s invitation and head next door for the UK vs Cincinnati tournament game. It was nice to spend some time getting to know my neighbors and enjoying one of their favorite pasttimes. I was slowly getting into it and by the end of the game was picking up the players’ and teams’ strengths and weaknesses. CBS then switched over to the Wake Forest/W VA game that went into an exciting double overtime. I called W VA the winner if they could start making their free throws. I ended up getting home around 11:30p. Luckily, I didn’t have to walk too far to get home. It was nice to chat with them, get to know them and learn a little more about the folks in the area. It’s now way past my bedtime though.

So UK made the NCAA tournament sweet 16. I think I’ll turn on the U of L game tomorrow afternoon and get into the madness a little bit more. Hopefully they make the Sweet 16 too.

…..Dan at aslowerpace dot net