A few weeks ago as summer began, I compiled A Slower Pace list that included some enjoyable activities I wanted to do this summer.
Well, I am already checking some of them off — some multiple times.
- buy some Bomb Pops (red, white, and blue popsicles) for the freezer to pull out on a really hot day
- sit by the pool under the umbrella with a good book
- take the kids to get some ice cream – COMPLETE, but I think I’ll leave it unchecked so we can do it again
- take a walk outside right after a summer rainstorm
- sit on the porch and watch the lightning bugs - COMPLETE
- get up early in the morning and just listen to the birds and watch the sun rise - COMPLETE
- take the family to a baseball game
- lie on one of my wife’s quilts on a clear night and watch the stars - COMPLETE
If you have not yet started on your list, it is not too late! I encourage you to create your own list. It’s so easy. And it does not need to be elaborate or expensive. All you need to do it just create it. And then post it somewhere as a reminder to check some of them off.
After last week’s successful canoe trip, I might even need to add to mine.
…..Dan at aslowerpace dot net